In addition to the seven work packages, the BigData@Heart project has designed 6 pilot studies that each combine elements of several work packages into a single case to provide initial validation based on real-world evidence of the new insights, models, etc, that are designed and developed in the WPs:
- Pilot study 1 - Comparison of real world heart failure patients to heart failure trial patients to guide future trials;
- Pilot study 2 - Deliver clinical relevant definition of heart failure subphenotypes and outcomes using -OMICS and EHR data resources;
- Pilot study 3 - To compare clinical outcomes derived from public registries with formally adjudicated endpoints;
- Pilot study 4 - Compare heart failure epidemiology across European Union countries;
- Pilot study 5 - Identify noval druggable targets using proteomics and genomics in iron depletion;
- Pilot study 6 - Investigate how data from wearables/Apps can be used as premarket and postmarket evidence.