COME ONE; COME ALL
The BigData@Heart project is happy to invite you to attend our exciting educational event at the ESC Annual Meeting in Barcelona on 29 August. We have designed this meeting to help acquaint participants with some of the genetic, -omic and big data topics important for our project. You and your colleagues are highly welcome and encouraged to attend. Attendees do not have to be active consortium members. Please RSVP to Maureen Cronin (Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible so we can plan the logistics of the meeting.
The event will take place on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 from 11:15 to 15:00 on the last day of the ESC Annual Meeting. The meeting will take place in the Ad Hoc Meeting room of the Fira GranVia Congress Center in Barcelona.
Participants do not have to be registered to the ESC Congress to be able to attend the event. We do need your name if you are not registered so we can issue you a pass for admission. Please indicate to Maureen Cronin if you will need a pass as soon as possible.
- 11:15- 11:30 Welcome, Prof. Folkert Asselbergs, UMC Utrecht/University College London & Dr. Maureen Cronin, Vifor Pharma
- 11.30 - 12:05 Genetic epidemiology: Back to Basics. Prof. Folkert Asselbergs, UMC Utrecht/University College London
- 12:05 - 12:40 Electronic Health Records for research: concepts and opportunities for design and support of clinical trials. Dr. Spiros Denaxas, University College London
- 12.40 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 13:35 Mendelian Randomisation. Nature's Clinical Trial for drug target validation. Dr. Dan Swerdlow, University College London
- 13.35 - 14.10 Redefining disease and outcome using proteomics. Tony Bartlett, Director, UK/Europe, Business Development & Strategic Collaborations, SomaLogic, Inc.
- 14.10 - 14.20 Tea/Coffee
- 14.20 - 15.00 Workshop using phenoscanner. Participants will learn basic in-silico analyses to perform look-ups of potential interesting drug targets (bring your own laptop). Dr Bram Prins, Cambridge University
- 15:00 Wrap up
We are looking forward to seeing you in Barcelona! Please contact Maureen Cronin if you have any questions. We will be filming parts of the event, which we will upload on our website.